Mission 1 “Direct Care”
1. Provide free counseling, general assessments, assistance with obtaining care and resources necessary to the veteran, their family members, as well as military contractors. LMVFM does not provide clients with financial resources, but we do assist our veterans with obtaining the resources they need.
2. Unlike the VA who actively exclude many veterans who do not meet specific economically driven criteria, LMVFM serves any veteran who comes to us in need. If a person has served one or more days in uniform or as a member of the military contracting community, they as well as their family members are eligible for our care.
Mission 2 “Training and Assistance” for civilian caregivers
1. We provide training programs for civilian care providers, therapists, counselors, clergy, and just about anyone that wants to be better equipped to work with veterans and their families.
2. We provide members, congregations, groups and other supporters with the most current information on a wide range of issues that affect our military community members. Much of the information reported on by the press is grossly inaccurate and unfortunately driven by the political agenda which has found its way into the media “spin-cycle” of the DoD public affairs office.
3. We assist congregations in the development of their mission outreach programs to veterans and their families.
4. We provide resources to congregations and groups regarding various military issues.